Your wedding will be one of the most memorable days of your life. You will want everything to be perfect for you and for your guests. You will want your special day to be as significant for your guests as it is for you.
Every detail counts. The dress, suits, flowers, the venue, and even the food. The latter is perhaps the most important of all. Everyone will remember the food they’ve eaten in a gathering or party. And in such a wonderful occasion such as this, the food must be plenty and no less than exquisite.
As you get into planning your wedding, you will find that there are many things to consider when preparing food for guests at a specific occasion. The dishes need to compliment everything, including the beverages you plan to serve; it’s just a case of mixing and matching. Obviously, for a huge event like your wedding, you will need help; you simply cannot manage everything on your own. Here are some things that you have to take into account.
1. Catering. By word of mouth, you can already find the right catering services for your wedding. Ask your friends and family if they know a catering service that has worked for them in the past. Ask if they were pleased with the food they prepared. Make a list of potential caterers, and check them out one by one. If they hgave a website, the better, since you won’t have to physically visit their shop to inquire about their food; however, there are times when you actually need to see them in person so that you can taste the food they will serve. If their services and food are to your liking, then go ahead and hire them.
2. Budget. Perhaps one of the first things that come into mind when thinking of planning a wedding is the budget. While anyone can DIY some wedding preparations, they can’t prepare the food all by themselves. This is where a large part of the budget will go. If you’re really tight on the food, it is best to limit the number of guests you will have and only prepare food that’s good for that quantity. And while you may want to limit your guests, the quality should not be limited to mediocre quality.
3. Diet plan. There are some guests who cannot eat certain kinds of food, and with this, you should ask them ahead of time about their preferences. For instance, one guest is allergic to seafood and another is vegetarian. The catering service should prepare a dish specifically for these people. Remember, you want to please your guests, and a huge part of pleasing them is to serve the right food for them. This exhibits you showing concern for the people you’ve invited on your special day.
4. Design. Like in a fancy restaurant, presentation matters. Ask the catering company to come up with placements and designs that really stand out. Remember: no less than exquisite.
5. Add-ons. Given the fact that weddings occur for hours and hours, you have to make sure that your visitors never grow hungry. Prepare some finger food and refreshments (and some alcoholic beverages) before the actual meal.
6. If you have a strict budget plan, then instead of preparing another dessert for the guests, you can have your wedding cake as the dessert. Just make sure that each and every one gets an even slice.
Popular Wedding Location
Thailand is widely popular for its attractive landscapes, historical sites, distinct cuisine, and Buddhism practices. The magnificent Asian country has attracted thousands of visitors from all corners of the globe. Many have traveled to Thailand not just for a quick tour to its pristine beaches or witness the annual Monkey Buffet festival, but also to plan a Thailand wedding. With the many places you can visit in the country, you can surely find the perfect spot to hold a wedding ceremony. It will surely make you and your partner seek ways to Take Us To Thailand and get married there! In this article, you will find some quick information about Thai weddings.
Traditional Thailand Wedding
When you think of a “traditional Thailand wedding”, you get ideas like elephant rides and colorful backdrops. Conventional marriages here are pre-arranged, and in many cases, the groom and bride do not know each other prior to their union. This type of marriage is set by their parents, They prefer to match their children with someone who comes from a respectable and well-to-do family; this practice is similar to how Western families (especially royalty) set marriages.
Marriage match-making is hardly ever practiced these days. And yet dowries are still provided; most Asian countries kept this part of the custom. Before the engagement or the wedding, the parents of the future couple would agree on the quantity of the dowry. The amount that the groom’s family will present will depend on the financial status of the bride’s family.
Another vital part in the union of the couple is the giving of the Tong Mun (gold engagement). It is a 24-karat gold that the groom gives to his bride-to-be; the larger the value of the gold, the better. This practice can be compared to the giving of an engagement ring in Western culture. This also represents the union of the two families.
After the engagement, the celebration comes next. Normally, the dowry will be given to the new bride on the day of the wedding. At the ceremony, the monks will bless the couple by chanting and reciting prayers while a candle is lit and placed in a bowl of water. They will also anoint the couple’s foreheads with white paste.
Once the anointing and blessing is finished, a hearty meal will be presented to the guests. And the groom and bride will go from one table to another to thank the guests for coming and celebrating the union with them. The guests will in turn present their wedding presents to the couple. And the merry-making continues through the day.
Among the most effective wedding are those with pleased and satisfied visitors. You can do so by supplying them excellent food and venue. If you are into something different and colorful, yet still old-fashioned, a Thai wedding could be the best choice as you and your partner decide to tie the knot. If planned right, it could also be the most unforgettable experience that will ever happen to you and your future spouse!