Since the advent of the internet, restaurant websites have evolved from being merely informative to being visually appealing. But a good restaurant website should be designed not only with the visual aspect in mind, but with the usability aspect as well. It should be easy to understand and navigate so that potential customers can find what they are looking for. It should also express a certain atmosphere reminiscent of the attitude and personality of the restaurant itself and suggest the taste of food to the viewer.
Here are some lessons and pieces of advice in designing powerful websites which can help restaurants, bars and pubs turn more visitors into customers…
- Create web-based food menus so that customers can easily view the set of choices and get an idea on the prices.
- Make your website attractive by displaying high-quality images of the delicious food on the offer, interior décor and scenic views to attract customers – from the images to the colours, every element should be a feast for the eyes.
- Make sure your contact information, location, and operating hours are displayed on the website so customers can easily find you.
- Include important pages such as the home page, the menu, the ‘About us’ page, and a Contact form.
- Stay sociable by integrating the social media features to reach more people and potential customers.
- Have your website mobile-optimised for the customers on the go.
Surprisingly, there are still a number of restaurants, bars and pubs that do not have a website. Most people go online to be familiar with the menu, style, interior and services of a restaurant before deciding to dine in and if you do not have a website, you’re just giving away all the potential business to your competitors who thrive on having one.
Having a website establishes a company’s credibility as a business – it gives potential customers the impression the company is successful. A website is a necessary element of any modern business and it’s one of the most powerful marketing tools which centres the company’s digital presence and visibility.
In order for a dining business to compete in the online world, it’s crucial that it has a good looking and cleverly designed website which allows people to view menus, find the location, make reservations, place orders and learn more about the company.
If you’re looking for a creative and quality web design Melbourne agency to help you design your restaurant, bar or pub’s website, we recommend you check Crooked Micks Creative as they provide website design and development, e-commerce and merchant integration, wordpress and blog design, flash animation, online marketing campaigns, search engine optimisation & email marketing services.